Logotipo - BD
BD
3,8 de 5 estrelas.
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa BD: San Antonio, TX

Avaliar esta empresa
Cargo
Local

Avaliação por categoria

3,6Trabalho e lazer

Ordenar por

avaliação útilpontuaçãodata
Encontramos 88 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.Ver todas as 2.564 avaliações

Good place to work - good response to Covid

Avaliação destaque do Indeed

Eleita pelo Indeed como a avaliação mais útil
Appreciate that we have been able to work from home full-time. There was little support for at home supplies though, had to buy my own. Can't print from home, have to go the the office to print something.
Cultura empresarial

The opportunity is there for associates to learn through internal resources but the challenge is to find the time during the work day to use those resources. In a production environment, it's not easy to take 30 minutes to do an eCourse.

good environment

Contras

Not all are on the same page

BD Associate Service Center

I worked for a year at th ASC in BD, honestly i felt that they tend to favor people that they like. no matter how hard you work, if upper management didnt like you then they give you a poor performance so you cant move to other positions.Additionally as a corporate they lack of business ethics, they offer me to come back and sent me an offer letter that i got the job. After leaving my other job and a couple of weeks had passed they told me that i was not re hire eligible. So i end up unemployed because of their incompetence. BD is a corporate that dont care for his employees or care for young adults to suceed. I simply cannot recommend anyone that BD is a good company to grow and develop as a professional.

401K, Health insurance, Pto, Tuition reimbursement

Contras

Micro management to the bones and lack of leadership from upper management.
Cultura empresarial

Great benefits and compensation but lack of support

BD's benefit package and compensation are great. Another plus is being able work remotely. There is a lack of support from team members and manager while trying to train which makes the work environment difficult. If it weren't for working remotely, benefits and pay, I would have ready resigned. Of course those perks can only take you so far.

Benefits, Pay and Working Remotely

Contras

Lack of support from team while training.

Great Team to work with

I have been in the same position for 4 out of the 6 years I have been employed here, and do not see any opportunities to move up soon. I have been performing supervisor duties for 3 years in the absence of a supervisor and when they finally posted the position, I applied and did not get it. The workplace Culture of Accountability program would be a fantastic one if everyone abides by it, but no one does. I love the team I work with. We are all long tern and like family. I have a great appreciation for them.

Fantastic Team

No Management/ Little opportunity for advancement

Classifique uma empresa recente

Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas

Best work place

Best place to work. I love going to work. Great people. Management is great. My manager is very understanding and always take care of me. Advancements. Good benefits.

not too bad

the work was hard and very confusing and sometimes you did not have any guidance. but they take care of the workers and it was an overall pretty good place to work.
Cultura empresarial

Great environment to work and support customer

Tech support at BD consisted of helping our client to resolve any issues dealing with the pyxis device so that the patient information and stay at hospital was a total success.
Cultura empresarial

Fun and there is a ping pong table

There is always strive for improvement and it never stops. Management will listen to all concerns and they do work towards a balance. There is a great group of people within our department with a mix of seriousness and laid back fun.
Cultura empresarial

It has good benefits as a company like the reward program for good deals when traveling

BD is good and recognized health company. They are always thinking customer experience. Getting connected and networking is an open window here at this company. The negative side is that many times it feels like the company thinks a lot about external customers than internal employees. As an employee, I feel that there is a lack of interest in regards employee satisfaction overall.
Cultura empresarial

A few bad apples do spoil the whole bunch.

I was fooled into believing this is a company of integrity and inclusion but then I witnessed disrespectable people remain and thrive. I suppose inclusion means keeping subpar employees. I know there are MANY people equally intelligent and capable as the ones at BD that behave inappropriately.

Great Pay/Benefits, Mediocre Management

The compensation for the job is stellar, if you are brought in as a full time employee. The working environment you'll experience is almost entirely based on your immediate manager, ranging from 'nearly no supervision' to 'micromanaged every second of the day'. Managers are also not required to have much (if any) knowledge on the tasks their subordinates actually perform and are merely there to track metrics. This makes it very difficult to get support when trying to defend poor numbers due to extenuating circumstances. Little-to-no room to grow within the company; the highest I've seen an agent reach is a lead position. Most internal movement of positions are lateral, but come with slight pay increases and are presented as promotions. They are not. A great starter job for those breaking into the IT world and looking to add experience to their resume, or those just looking for a comfortably paying 9-5 to grow complacent.

Loved working at BD

The atmosphere is just different and just loved the work i was doing. I wish i could have stayed here at BD once my temporary role came to an end, but I was unable to unfortunately.

Not Paid Enough for the Pace, Confusion, & Overtime Pressure

A NEVERENDING amount of information that they can never fully train you for because operations are always changing and new curveballs come at you every day that not even the management knows how to handle sometimes. The pace is grueling and you are always behind, which results in constant weekend overtime pressure. You will be considered a bad worker if you don't cheerily agree to weekend overtime, regardless of the circumstances. So the only "good workers" in their eyes are the ones who work 7 days a week. The benefits are good, the facility is wonderful and clean, the co-workers are incredibly nice and helpful -- because they HAVE to be. Positivity is one of the very biggest things they hire for because they know stress is huge at this job. The pay is okay but should be higher for what they demand. It's very software intensive and not all the workers have college experience, so a lot of mistakes are made. As soon as I thought I was getting "good" at the job, a new and totally unexpected scenario would get thrown in front of me and often no one (including my manager) knew how to handle it. Thankfully, all the customers are business contacts and internal installers, so they're almost all very polite and professional. But the company product lines are so numerous and ever-changing that we would get questions every day that no one knew how to answer, causing jobs to get backed up and customers to get upset. The overall operation puts too much faith in off-the-street workers with no education to handle complex SAP and Excel operations. Many employees look like Trump giving a speech: -

Great facility, Nice co-workers, Good benefits, Decent pay

Contras

Very inadequate training, Constant overtime demands, Some incompetent co-workers
Cultura empresarial

Great for just passing through, don't get comfortable

BD tries. There are potlucks and even a whole week where they set up games and prizes. Management is hit or miss. Mine CAN be a micromanager but they don't micromanage me so I don't feel like I can speak on that. Workload varies with call volumes which are influenced by several factors such as natural disasters, federal billing cycles, holidays and community time off. You are paid extra to work holidays. There is a massive break down in communication between internal departments and their ability to communicate, or pass on messages, effectively. Internal resources are not well kept, documentation is often old and outdated. training on products is lacking, becoming skilled in additional products doesn't appear to have any type of road map. Any amount of personal growth acquired while working here is typically used to leave by previous employees. This is not a job to retire from, this is a stepping stone.

Run for the hills!

There was high turn over rate when I started. Typical shared services environment. Management plays the " we inherited this mess " and behind closed doors blames the very employees that always get them out of their binds. There continues to be high a high turnover rate as the new finance director is infuriating and/or alienating everyone until they leave (cleaning house) I would not recommend this place to my enemies!
Cultura empresarial

Great place to develop and grow

BD is focused on being a leader in the industry. The company trust employees to help deliver that value. So they provide resources to learn, develop, and stay current. Any person who is collaborate and intends to work hard to make valuable contributions will find a good home at BD.
Cultura empresarial

There was no enjoyable part at working for BD. I didn't like the management style because they like to micromanage. The hardest part was learning new software.

BD Review

This was the best work environment I've experienced. Managment really does not discriminate and there is plenty of room for growth. A very progressive and updated environment.
Cultura empresarial

Outsourcing and layoffs have decimated the company

Yearly layoffs were the norm, but outsourcing to India of IT and most administrative functions has added to those numbers. Job security is zero, employees are no longer valued, and morale is low. It's sad to see what BD has become.

productive

they pay was very worth the competitive hours. work was not steady most of the time you will be moved from one action to another during the day depending on needs

good pay