Logotipo - BD
BD
3,8 de 5 estrelas.
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa BD: San Diego, CA

Avaliar esta empresa
Cargo
Local

Avaliação por categoria

3,6Trabalho e lazer

Ordenar por

avaliação útilpontuaçãodata
Encontramos 252 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.Ver todas as 2.564 avaliações

Typical corporate private company

Avaliação destaque do Indeed

Eleita pelo Indeed como a avaliação mais útil
Working here was a stepping stone for me. The annual layoffs every year to boost the returns to the shareholders appears to be the main objective. I learned a lot and knew when it was time to go.

Flexibile schedule

No job security
Cultura empresarial

Employees are never aware of layoffs.

Unable to plan for the worst. No One likes to be caught off guard. BD doesn't appreciate employee loyalty. Loyalty does not exist at BD. BD only sees employees an asset that has no real value. Easily replaced at any time for any reason.

Product Training is good

Lack of promotion
Cultura empresarial

Highly dysfunctional company with no innovation

It's a great company to work for if you are coasting to retirement and just looking for a paycheck. The workplace is overly political and the aging management lacks the understanding to keep younger employees engaged in meaningful projects. The working environment is that of the good-ol-boys club where favorites are obvious and inclusion is challenging.

Prós

Great last job before retirement

Contras

If you have any ambition, this is not the company for you

Mediocre at best

Management has been around too long, and doesn't have experience in the rest of the industry. They try scrum, but don't really do it. Lots of process.

Flexible schedule

Contras

Not enough industry best practices

Caring management. Awesome co-workers

The hardest part of my job is I want to get more involved in more challenging projects.The workplace culture is inclusive and respectful, and fun!Management is the best! Caring, respectful and don’t take themselves too seriously. I am blessed to see how much they care about their teams.I learn everyday. I want to learn more.When Covid hit, I saw everyone jump into action, caring for customers and patients, working non-stop. Then the company gave us Days of Caring off, with pay. Twice. Regular updates from our senior leadership keeping us informed.

Prós

Proud to call my job mates, my second family.

Contras

Promotion and ability to take on new and interesting projects.

Classifique uma empresa recente

Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas

Collaborative Workplace

- Management was great-Spirit of teamwork is very present -The products you work on help save lives. It is amazing to see them out in hospitals around the world.

Average

Place has little advancement. You get hired, then get promoted to senior after a year. Then it’sa dead end.There is little opportunity to grow. But good work life balance.
Cultura empresarial

Flexible hours and leaders nice at the beginning

Remote opportunity and flexible hours is good. But leaders aren’t very supportive when you need help yet always telling people to ask for help . Lots of intimidation going on in the workplace.

Flexible hours

Leaders not very supportive
Cultura empresarial

My job is a home based position that requires travel.

I work for a contracting company at the moment but there is greater opportunity to work directly under BD after a year of contract employment. The more experience you have in pharmacy / hospital workflow and technology, the more opportunities you will have available to you. Keeping up with project timelines and trouble shooting machines have to be the most challenging parts of this position. However, I love the travel, meeting new people and learning new workflows wherever I go. This position requires 60%+ travel time and it unusual to work with the same team consistently. Teams are always changing. This is great for networking and it helps keep a lighthearted environment.

Prós

Allotted expense for meals, travel points, opportunities for growth

Contras

Long hours, jet lag, stressful project timelines
Cultura empresarial

Never a dull moment and drastically overworked

If you are comfortable thinking quickly on your toes 24/7 with limited instructions on how to actually do your job, then there is definitely a role for you at BD. Work/life balance is the hardest hurdle to overcome. Management tries to support you but their hands are often tied. A lack of stability of the applications are what drive all processes into the ground here.
Cultura empresarial

Good company, good culture, but needs new management and better healthcare

For a healthcare company, the insurance is terrible. The management is awful and many of them have been there a very long time, are ineffective, and need to be replaced. Company culture is great.
Cultura empresarial

Productive and Inclusive environment.

My ideas were respected and acted on where possible. This was originally a 6 month contract gig, but I got extended to two years. I really liked working with my managers, supervisors and peers.

Prós

Fun inclusive place to work.

Contras

Although a long gig, it was still a gig. Also, when FDA audits happened, it wasn't as much fun.

The people

My co workers! With the differce of people. When i first started and continued to learn and my feedback matter. But now it's where you do not feel appreciated and i have supervisors and manager that have no idea what our job duties are. But yet continue to add more work they work is not the issue not feeling appreciated for what I bring to the compnay on a daily basis!

No loyalty

Employee is not the valued entity its the upper mgmt and bonuses they get based on lower employee efforts. When BD bought CareFusion things went down hill.
Cultura empresarial

Working here means working with people who care both about the employees and the customers. We just don't work for a paycheck we work to help people in need the company provides a great working environment better than most other companies I have been at. The managers have people skills.

Excellent place to work

Excellent place to work and learn with a good work life balance. Room for advancement and work culture is one of the best places I've worked at. Flexible work schedule.
Cultura empresarial

I loved working at BD. Overall I kept growing in my job, enjoyed the work I did, was trusted responsibilities and had an amazing team. My only issue was that I was downsized without any warning at all.

Customer service experience

My typical day is calling the customers for the product and service that we have to service. I have learned a lot working here, friendly environment. calling most of day

friendly environment

some days slow
Cultura empresarial

The speration of teams made it slightly difficult to accomplish tasks quickly but everyone was very competent and great to work with. My manager was understanding, empathetic, and easy to interact with. I enjoyed my time there.
Cultura empresarial

Great place to start your career but not a good pay

Tips would be great place to start your career but not a good company to work for as in pay just a good company to help you get into a bigger and better company. The other downfall about this company is there's not much diversity and a whole lot of favoritism when it comes to hiring since its not much diversity there's a bunch of groups. Other downfall is 1st shift starts at 5am which doesn't give people that much time to sleep I would see people coming to work dosing off tired , sleeping on breaks and in the line when they v can catch a glimpse of sleep these hours are very dangerous for people coming to or driving home for dosing off while driving

Felt like a mushroom for 3 years

Hired and parked. Not much more than that. Lots of infighting and back stabbing. Leadership is non existent, they needed to fill a role I filled it and they never asked me how things are and what can they do to help me succeed.
  • Empresas