Logotipo - BD
BD
3,8 de 5 estrelas.
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa BD: Sumter, SC

Avaliar esta empresa
Cargo
Local

Avaliação por categoria

3,6Trabalho e lazer

Ordenar por

avaliação útilpontuaçãodata
Encontramos 62 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.Ver todas as 2.564 avaliações
Cultura empresarial

Good place to work for people with an open mind.

Avaliação destaque do Indeed

Eleita pelo Indeed como a avaliação mais útil
To much gray area in accountability from person to person.Lack of systems to help with everyone’s success to meet company goals.SOP is a big failure point for training and new associates. More pokey yoke would help with safety and Quality. They have a paper work fix all countermeasure culture That makes associates unsuccessful at their job with high stress and anxiety. But it’s one of the cleanest places to work.

Prós

Working environment is one of the best.

Contras

Engineer in department could use lots of improvement
Cultura empresarial

Productive and fun place to work

Great company to work for! The Mangement care about you as an individual. If you need more training no matter how long you have been there they have resources available. Main thing is that they tell you to ask questions even if asked the same questions 1000 times. Management really wants you to learn and care about you learning!

Great management

Cultura empresarial

Unproductive work environment. Supervisor's show favoritism.Couldn't care less about your outside life as long as your there making my them money!

Money is ok but they work you like a dog for it. Supervisor's have no idea what's going on most of the time. Coworker's are petty and will try to get you fired for no reason. Everyone is a taddle tale. I absolutely hate working here this place sucks in everyway!

Working here

A Great Company

My experience was really great. The days were long but the 3-2-2-3 shift was excellent. The “extra effort” pay for supervisors who went above and beyond covering different shifts that created excessive overtime was greatly appreciated. Additionally, it showed they recognized hard work and rewarded you for it.There is plenty to learn and you will not get bored. It’s challenging but like everything else, once you learn it, you can build on that knowledge and it makes it an easy job. The amount of components being manufactured and assembled just in this location is impressive.The culture was great. Everyone is friendly for the most part. There were some “clicks” on the floor but nobody was ever childish or disrespectful. It’s a small town atmosphere that’s a happy, how are you and can I help you type atmosphere. Really welcoming and a change of pace from other places I’ve worked or visited.Management is nice and understanding. Reasonable KPI’s regarding production, safety and quality are set. You can tell there is definitely favoritism from upward management towards certain supervisors. This was the only aspect I didn’t like about working here even though I was one of the supervisors who received the favoritism. I saw individuals promoted that should have been passed over for others but that was a choice made by upper management. I chose to leave for personal reasons or else I would have stayed and enjoyed a great career with BD, I truly believe. The people and the company really know how to make you feel at home and a part of the family there. I was impressed overall with -

Prós

Great company, great benefits, great people, a career you can believe in

Long hours, some favoritism
Cultura empresarial

Good place to earn money, plenty of ot

I make good money working overtime when it is available. OT is a con though if you do not want to work it because most of the time there is no option.

Classifique uma empresa recente

Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas

Cultura empresarial

Production is number one to them.........

They tell you:1. SAFETY2. FAMILY 3. PRODUCTION When actually its the other way around.......First question asked in a meeting is, " How is production?"

Decent pay and benefits

Contras

You have no life outside of work......

Micromanagers!

They preach safety and quality and most of the time that goes out the window when production is down. They add a ton of redundant checks related to production to the operators and then scold you when you don’t have enough time to do it all.

Stable job until covid

Contras

Not much flexibility in schedule. Not much unplanned time off or leeway with it
Cultura empresarial

Won't have a life working here

Managers help u with nothing only dictate what needs to be done and will get back to you with your concerns but you will never see a prompt response if and when you get one and your manager will get plenty of family time whereas u get very little.

Prós

Guaranteed to be working non stop without threat of getting laid off

Contras

Long working hours, supposedly work two off two and every other weekend but that's due to supply and demand.
Cultura empresarial

Great product; fair management in Sumter

The product is a very good, helpful to society, and needed which five a sense of worth to those working and producing the products. The upper management is non supportive of the front line supervision or the hourly work force. The company and its benefits are good and that makes it worth working there but it is not a real pleasant environment. It has been 5 years since I worked there.

Good place to work.

Good place to work as far as benefits and pay are concerned. Working hours are good for the most part. There are too many managers throughout the business unit I work in.
Cultura empresarial

little pay for contract workers but want the same results and held respo

unfair low pay for contract workers. still held at the same quality standards. but the company run to the schools to promote education and why you should work for BD really 12.00 bucks a hour contract full time employee double that
Cultura empresarial

Fair supervision. Easy work with decent pay. Horrible hours with plant restrictions. No smoking on the premises. Not a convenient job if you have friends or family

productive workplace great pay

great place to work the pay is awesome they give you great holiday pay along with paid vacation and 2 sick days. They should be more organized but it is something that is soon to be better within the plant hopefully.
Cultura empresarial

Not a good place of employment

I hated this place. The people there are stuck in their own ways. Only two days of sick days and you have to take them consecutively or it wont count. They don't care about your personal life. If you are one minute late, they will point you. Doesn't matter what the situation is. It was so stressful working there. Felt like a slave plantation. I will never go back there and I would never recommend anyone I know to work there.

Cultura empresarial

Decent place to work for.

A good place with helpful and friendly people to work with. While they keep good and hardworking employees, the temps are a different story. I worked here for 3 years and never got hired on full time.

Good job

Great job , great experience , Great environment, cleanliness, great climate, Wonderful co-workers.. communication skills are ok. Great opportunity to start in medical field..

Stressful

BD is a very stressful place to work with all the FDA regulations and paperwork that has to be done. It takes a lot of concentration to work in this very fast paced environment.

Repetitive but easy

I worked in rework and that was an easy job. Keep up with your work and you'll be fine, it's nothing too hard and easy to get the hang of. The condition is extremely hot though, so I would recommend bringing water or Gatorade and making sure you stay cool.

Workplace

Great Workplace overall. Great environment to work in. Management and team are all hard workers and everyone does their jobs well. We get the job done.

productive

 Organized and entered production and waste for eight divisions daily.  Generated and distributed statistical weekly/monthly production recap reports for eight divisions/managers.

productive

management
Cultura empresarial

Very good place to work with competitive pay and benefits. Definitely a place for automatic growth and development. It has a good work/life balance with 2-3-3-2 12 hour scheduling with days off.

Benefits and pay