Logotipo - BD
BD
3,8 de 5 estrelas.
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa BD: Technician

Avaliar esta empresa
Cargo
Local

Avaliação por categoria

3,6Trabalho e lazer

Ordenar por

avaliação útilpontuaçãodata
Encontramos 30 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.Ver todas as 2.564 avaliações
Cultura empresarial

Good place to work for people with an open mind.

Avaliação destaque do Indeed

Eleita pelo Indeed como a avaliação mais útil
To much gray area in accountability from person to person.Lack of systems to help with everyone’s success to meet company goals.SOP is a big failure point for training and new associates. More pokey yoke would help with safety and Quality. They have a paper work fix all countermeasure culture That makes associates unsuccessful at their job with high stress and anxiety. But it’s one of the cleanest places to work.

Prós

Working environment is one of the best.

Contras

Engineer in department could use lots of improvement

Stressful

Too much work. Too much stress.Management very adversarial. Review system highly flawed, next to zero training on equipment. Conflict with peers nearly the norm.

No overtime

Resposta oficial de BD

21 de Abril de 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide is with your feedback. We're very sorry to hear about your stressful experience. At BD, we are committed to creating the best environment for our associates to develop themselves and thrive on their roles. if you’re a current associate and still experience the same issue, we do encourage you to speak with your manager or HR for support.
Cultura empresarial

Full of bad management and passive aggressive engineers.

The company office in the Research Triangle Park of North Carolina seems to be full of managers that are clearly not trained in management. They are simply promoted engineers with arrogance. Engineers IMHO don't respect people who do not hold an engineering degree. I worked for and with people who were engineers that were not doing real engineering work. The engineers I worked with were doing the same work that I was doing at home with great success. My practical experience in the field was not valued or respected by the "engineers" and "management". I had a terrible experience in my short time there and went to work every day with a knot in my stomach about how I was going to be disrespected that day.

Good cafeteria food.

Contras

Bad Management, old and decrepit building.

#proudtobeBD

BD is a very cool company that offers a wide range of knowledge of the medical industry and of business as a unit, a person could learn a lot with BD and prosper in the field of Healthcare. I love working at BD.
Cultura empresarial

Working as a production technician

Working at safety needle department at BECTON DIKINSON tuas ..is. A good company and a good job n relaxing working at the company . It's a very good company

Classifique uma empresa recente

Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas

Cultura empresarial

Fast-paced environment for upgrading patient monitoring computers.

A fast-paced environment for upgrading patient monitoring computers. Worked with a team of other technicians to update the programming on CareFusion monitoring computers in the hospital.

Prós

Good co-workers and good pay.

Contras

Duration of assignment was too short.

Do not apply - run

The actual work was not bad. It was the drama that the supervisor like to create and pit the workers against each other. The supervisor had her favorites and those employees never had to work. It was difficult to come everyday and work hard when your co-workers would sit around laughing and talking , not doing anything. I also saw three different employees sleeping and the supervisor looked the other way. I thought I could ignore all that because the pay was decent, but after awhile it got to me. The stress of the job was high because work was not getting done. If you are a person of integrity - run. Company got bought out by Becton Dickinson so don't be fooled by them advertising under that name.

Prós

benefits

Contras

favoritism and stress
Cultura empresarial

Could be really good, but...

I read a lot of reviews about this company before posting mine and most others had the same experience I did. Poor management, indecision, cliquey culture and stressful work environment at times. I found BD to have the worst HR I have worked with, at least in NC. If you have issues don't even bother bringing them to the management attention because you will be labeled a complainer, unless you are a "minority". In my time with BD, the company received very low ratings on employee engagement survey's almost yearly yet nothing was ever done about it. Performance reviews are a joke. HR and Sr. leadership establish these at the beginning of the year so no matter how hard you work, volunteer or are a "team player" it won't matter. Policies and Procedures mean nothing in this company, most are worked around to benefit the process or employee. Personally, I think this company, at least the NC WH&C sites need to "cut the head off management" and start over.

Prós

Benefits

Contras

Management/HR
Cultura empresarial

Had a specific job to perform

The job was to prepare and test products for the company and meet cGMP regulations. I had weekly projects that I was responsible for. There were only a couple of different rotating projects that I was allowed to perform due to my lack of a BS degree.

Fun people, good management

Boring, repetitive job
Cultura empresarial

Lab technician at a Fortune 500 manufacturer of infectious diseases diagnostics, medical devices, clinical and industrial microbiology supplies

❖ Working closely with microorganisms and blood in a BSL 2 lab environment. ❖ Practicing Gmp and Proper aseptic safety practices while working along with R&D and Bactec ❖ Participating in Preparing media , Clinical studies, and use of blood for blood microorganism inoculation ❖ Running test and experiments using scientific instruments including: FX’s, Maldi, pH meter, etc. ❖ Analyze data, review results and writing reports while practicing proper documentation skills
Cultura empresarial

FTE or bust for a potentially great company to work for.

Would be a great amazing place to work, as long as you're a full time employee and not a contractor. Job advancement for contractors is little to zero.

Prós

great atmosphere, makes you feel part of a team

indecisive management
Cultura empresarial

Some good some not so good

We were at times chronically short staffed and unable to get everything done. If you want extra training to increase your skills, it is hard or next to impossible to obtain it. At times it seems as if they do not know who works and how does not and there is some favoritism at times. Pay and benefits are great and the upper management does seem to know that is going on with regards to being short staffed but then they shot themselves in the foot. It seems that midlevel management does not stand up to get more staffing.

Descent Place to work

Typical day you could have nothing to do or you may run all day long. Learn A lot there opened my eyes to other opportunities. Some management do a great job others not so much. Workplace culture has ups and downs mostly ups. Hardest part of my job are the older coworkers. Most enjoyable part is the opportunity to learn new things.

Always something to learn

Contras

Older coworkers, Vacation accumulation.
Cultura empresarial

overall great place to work

Great place to work large cafeteria with vending machines,games, coffee machines,large refrigerators and microwaves. Lots of interactive company activities.

breaks, lunchroom, activities

Contras

Hard to get hired and lots of gossip

Not much to say

I was hired for a temp to permanent position at this company. I really have nothing to say about the place because its really just the average tech company for medical equipment.

Fun new expirience

Wasn't that much of a good paying job for what we had to do<its a real new fun expirience. Did learn some new techniques in working there, Manager are good help on what you need good clean organized staff

productive and fun workplace

productive, great people to work with and to organise out of work activities, supervisors are really helpfull, multinational company, welcoming, nice hours to work

Prós

free fruit, trips away, great atmosphere
Cultura empresarial

The people you work with are great.

They mainly have temp positions so job security is good for the time of your contract. After that, who knows. Pay is average, overtime is common. They have events for the staff which is nice, temps don't get any benefits other than what the temp agency offers, company employees have benefits though.

Prós

Steady schedule, available overtime. Willing to train

Contras

Mainly temp work, not much room for advancement.
Cultura empresarial

Mentally not a healthy environment

Worked there for over a year and was promised a job after I was there for a while by management but that never happened. They hire with a temp agency and as soon as your time is up with the temp agency for them to hire you they let you go and only hire friends and family right away. It's all favoritism.

good job

Left only because my dad was sick and I wanted to be with him before he passed. Plenty of room for advancement in a team atmosphere with great benefits and wages.
Cultura empresarial

the most enjoyable part of the job

Working within in cross-functional team to meet and exceed reliability goals to help all people live healthy live, while reducing overall healthcare cost and improving productivity within diagnostic environments.
  • Empresas