BT
3,8 de 5 estrelas.
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa BT

Cargo
Local
Mostrando todas as 2.753 avaliações
Cultura empresarial
A empresa é praticamente uma escola ou laboratório, o desenvolvimento profissional é incrívelmente rápido. Capacidade de aprendizado com o inglês e as habilidades da área no primeiro ano a evolução é sensacional.A parte ruim são as politicas de promoção salarial, mas se já entrar ganhando bem a BT é uma ótima empresa.
Capacidade de aprendizado
Politica de promoção salarial
Cultura empresarial
Been here for nearly 2 years, and I can’t say a single bad word about the company. Management and team leaders are friendly and helpful! The call centre roll isn’t for anyone, but if you enjoy customer service roles within a call centre I would highly recommend BT!
Cultura empresarial
Since the first day of working with executives, programmers, marketing officials, general office and team innovative projects, the people were very encouraging and supported me throughout stressful situations. Would highly recommend to anyone intrested.
Prós
Relaxing Break rooms, exceptional experience gained
Contras
Long hours, needed to complete multiple tasks within a short time frame
Cultura empresarial
The company is slowly screwing over it's staff, instead of rewarding the people that do well they have just made it near impossible to earn commission all round! Forget actually wanting to help your customers and just sell them halo- that's the solution for everything! Have to say managers were amazing but if you really care about your customers this is not the job for you. Sell, sell, sell, hit target and then it's changed so you haven't hit target anymoreWould not recommend this job at all.
Managers
Contras
Long hours, rubbish pay, non flexible, constantly changing goal posts
Cultura empresarial
Sales are the be all and end all customer service comes a very distant second. If someone calls to report a fault ,sell a new package, someone calls to report nuisance calls ,sell a new package , someone calls to reduce their bill ,sell a new package and if you can get them to spend more on each occasion do so. Micromanagement to try and hit unrealistic targets,treat like unintelligent children, bonus system constantly changing to reduce payments to staff. Management made up almost entirely of most successful sellers on secondment with little or no Management Experience needing to "prove" themselves to remain in post.
Prós
Pay is decent, free parking
Long hours, Company's Culture, sales sales sales
Classifique uma empresa recente
Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura empresarial
The office environment is awful. Not a healthy place to be. Colleagues are nasty and will stab you in the back at any possible chance. Managers are up the back sides of the higher management. They say jump and the centre says how high!? Support for coaching will vary on who you have as a manager. If you get lucky then great. If you don’t then it’s tough that’s what you’re stuck with an no other support will be given and if you fail on targets you’ll be managed out the business for under performing. Hours are awful and not flexible to reflect life changes e.g having children. You are told to ask every man and his dog to have your baby so that you can meet business needs to have your bum on that seat. At the end of the day it’s your classic call centre. You’re just a number. Nothing else. You can always tell as no one is missed when they leave. You’re just replaced in the blink of an eye. I wouldn’t recommend if you don’t feel that call centre culture is for you!
Pay
Contras
Shifts. Long hours. Not flexible. Atmosphere. Bullying.
Cultura empresarial
Prior to BT, for five years I worked Monday - Friday 9-5.30. Everyone thinks this is the dream! For me it really wasn't - and I'm so glad I made the change. Shift patterns are 8, 10 or 12 hour and can chose what suits you. You have 3-4 weeks of training and you go on the phone after this for short 1 hour or 2 hour stints so you don't feel thrown in at the deep end. After that it's approx 6 weeks with 'walkers' who you can ask for help when on the phone. I work in Broadband tech solving faults and knew nothing about the Internet prior to BT. Now I know everything- training is excellent and there is always someone who can help. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. The job itself can be draining- I have had to build a high level of resilience but it is satisfying when you can turn an angry customer into a happy one.Role is very stats focused which is something I do struggle with from time to time however my manager is understanding and if you express you need help in certain areas will get you offline to do additional training. They want you to succeed! One thing which helped me - I had lost a lot of confidence in my previous role and being at BT helped immensely. They will recognise when you're doing well and areas you excel in don't go unnoticed, but they offer excellent ongoing support in areas you are struggling with. You have options to earn extra in commission which is great, also bonuses. One huge plus for me which is worth noting is the flexibility. If for example I have a day I want to finish early (for any reason!!) you can just book a few hours holiday which - mais...
8, 10 or 12 hour shifts can pick what suits you
Contras
Job can be demanding mentally
Cultura empresarial
BT Has a very well-organized and systematic Management system. You are your on team leader. Everybody contributes equally to manage time and Work. Very safe for women. Cab facility is provided to every single employee.
Free Food, Free transportation facilities, women safely
Contras
Shift changes every week.
Cultura empresarial
It's been great 5 years with BT Kolkata. My Experience with this company was superb. I would again like to work with this brand. Now you can understand the value of this company.
Cab service, Flexibility, Employee friendly, Job security
Contras
Pay structure can be improved atleast for Kolkata
Cultura empresarial
My manager and support were top class, even the call centre manager was approachable and willing to offer help. But it’s a call centre at the end of the day and not a job for everyone. If you’re able to tolerate that type of employment Bt is worth it as the offer decent incentives and benefits for their employees. I just wasn’t a fan of the environment as I prefer working outside and the rona put a stop to that temporarily and Bt worked as a good filler.
Prós
Wages were decent, they had good bonuses, Pretty flexible with working hours as well and booking time off work
Contras
I personally just couldn’t stand working in a call center, that’s the only con for me
Cultura empresarial
How anyone can sit looking at a screen for 10 hours listening to complaints every day and not go mental is beyond me. A multi billion pound company is being run by people who have no idea what they're doing or don't care. Training was worthless and off topic the systems they use need a massive overhaul. Management are sadists that gaslight people into quitting in the first month. No support just constant criticism. Might have just been my team tho.
Inexperiened management
Cultura empresarial
Loved working here for many years. If you dont give management the respect they feel they deserve you’ll find yourself on a slippery slope out the door. Middle management are too afraid to challenge up ,as they fear they will be victimised - so middle management turn the screws on team members . The company has some great diversity policies but if people don’t know how to implement them to add value to people then it’s a wasted policy and nothing more than just being PC.Beware of some nasty personalities but if you’re happy to be a “ yes man”.... you’ll climb the corporate ladder - Thankfully, the judge saw it my way!!
Prós
Holidays - salary is fair - flexible working can be offered
Stress
Cultura empresarial
Full of politics and putting unnecessary stress on employees. No work/life balance in that company. No value to your work. They will treat the employees as machines and they expect employees to work for 13 to 14 hrs.
Long hrs, No work/life balance
Cultura empresarial
BT do not care about their staff and if you follow CWU union you will see they are planning on making thousands of people redundant in the coming years. Management only serve to monitor and penalise you. Targets are impossible to all hit and your mental health will take a battering. The salary is not worth the therapy. You also get spoken to like a piece of garbage all day by customers. I promise you IT’S NOT WORTH IT.
Free therapy
Contras
They cause the need for therapy
Cultura empresarial
When I started at BT I joined because multiple people said it was a great place to give actual customer service and help people. That stats, metrics etc did not matter, but that it only mattered that you gave customers a fantastic experience and made sure you did all you can. For 2 years, that was the job! I worked my way through various teams and managers, there is a lot of change within the floors, teams, managers etc so one week you’ll be with one manager, then you’ll find out you’re moving with no choice. But sometimes for me that was the better. You get told you’ll get rewards for giving good customer service. Get a good review from a customer? The whole floor used to give you a round of applause! It was a really uplifting place to work and I genuinely thought I had a career there. Then... everything went downhill. They introduced awful new systems that didn’t work, but that you HAD to use or be threatened with disciplinary action. They started becoming stats obsessed and you’d get messages from managers constantly asking “are you okay?” Which was a thinly veiled accusation that you’d been in your after call work too long and a kick up the bum to get back on your next call. Changing the entire job you applied and trained for to something else. A trial that is going terribly wrong, meaning customers are waiting 2 hours on hold to get to you to be told they’ve lost the landline number they had for 30 years & that their service won’t work because they’ve switched to a service that doesn’t work... We went from “connections” to “complaints” essentially and it was - mais...
Bonuses
Contras
Long hours, nit picky stats, cliquey management, ceo doesn’t care
Cultura empresarial
Worked here for a long period of time. Was glad to be able to leave and have the freedom of finding a job that appreciated you as an employee. You are micromanaged in every aspect of the job and have unrealistic targets that managers keep coming past you in the day while you are taking customer calls asking you to sell tv packages, sell mobile phones etc. Only perks I can think of is the office location in Truro and the money and bonus can be good. Don’t expect a healthy work life balance though.
Salary
Cultura empresarial
No work life balance. Will have to work every weekend and evening. No regards to well-being or how you get home. Zero duty of care. Money good for the people who have been there years but not for a new starter. Many on long term sick. Will only get progression if you are sleeping with the centre manager. Senior managers willing to over look ethical misdemeanours. If you haven’t got mental health issues before you will when you work here. Already had a suicidal so beware
Where do I start
Cultura empresarial
Please do not apply for a job at the Leicester site .the job role has changed in the last few months the training for it was inadequate. I cry most days
Prós
Old contract pay very good .colleagues are like family
Contras
Job its self .poor systems.hours.no family work life balance
Cultura empresarial
I worked for bt for 6years, I had never done call centre work before so was all new to me. It took me a while to grasp the targets etc..but once I got my flow I really enjoyed my time there! Its what you make of the job end of the day.its not for everyone, I worked in the loyalty team in the end so trying to save customers from leaving etc... yes you'll get a few unhappy customers but its how you deal with them. Managers were always on hand, fabulous team members, free broadband and staff discounts, through lock down we got free lunches everyday, so they do look after their staff if you put in the work and effort!
Prós
Good pay, overtime generally available, good incentives
None really
Cultura empresarial
Good work life balance and excellent colleagues that offer help and support, good pay and access to training, opportunities to be promoted, good atmosphere
Work life balance, Pay
Cultura empresarial
Please understand that this company will advertise and say the right things . If you are working in customer service I would recommend you start searching for another job . Management are completely disassociated with what happens on the frontline . Systems actually do not work and fail creating problems for your targets and statistics. Management will Not take this into account.senior managers impose ways of working or change the line of business you are in by providing poor training .the training is equivalent to teaching someone to count from 1-10 and then expecting them to solve a quantum physics equation. Progress is almost non existent . It just depends on who you sleep with . Avoid working for this place like the plague
Free broadband