Siemens AG
4,0 de 5 estrelas.
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa Siemens AG: Canton, MA

Cargo
Local
Encontramos 20 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.
Ver todas as 9.995 avaliações
Cultura empresarial
I will give you an up front disclosure; the Boston branch operates significantly differently from other branches. Your experience may vary.If you are looking for a job where you can essentially pave your own way, name your compensation, and continuously learn while having a nice balance between busy weeks and slower weeks, this job is for you. I apply a multitude of information on a daily basis, including mechanical systems, systems engineering, low voltage electrical, and IT/networking.I have nearly 100% autonomy with my scheduling. My supervisor is hands off, but always a phone call away if help is needed. The seasoned veterans are eager to assist those who are looking to learn. If you are worth your weight, your managers will be on your side, and will stand behind you when challenging your position and salary. I recently got a hefty bump when I challenged them.The people I interact with generally like their jobs.Problem is the management outside of the local office can be a bit of a pain. They don't always see the bigger picture and that can sometimes put a damper on things. That side of things is completely out of control of the local branch, however, and doesn't reflect on my opinion of my manager, or the managers of the branch in general.
Prós
Company vehicle, autonomy, flexibility, good amount of PTO, retirement plant, good benefits
Contras
Healthcare is okay and declining, out-of-branch management can be disconnected
Cultura empresarial
Leadership and Operations Management Nightmare!! Worked on the ops side for a year and half as a Project manager and constantly struggled day in and out. The place is such a mess. Never enough technicians to support the customer base and constant lip service from management how they are hiring but can never find anyone! Completely Pathetic!!! Management doesn't take any accountability for anything. All the issues are the employees problems not them!!! Topdown bullying! So many other companies with much more support and management that actually follows through and cares about the employees and customers.
Salary is Ok
Cultura empresarial
Can't say enough about the employees they work really hard but they are constantly fighting an uphill battle with the management team all around. Operations management is a complete mess. Never have enough technicins or support to help customers. they run employees all over the place until they burn out. Just a really bad management team all around with turn and burn mindset. Stay away
Employees, benefits
Management Team, Tools
Cultura empresarial
Spent a few years working here and have never experienced such disorganized, reactive unprofessional management team. They are forced to hire and promote not based on qualifications anymore. The job literally reminded me of the movie office space. Same cartoon characters but literally real life. Stay away unless your desperate.
Colleagues are good people
Management is terrible
Cultura empresarial
I worked for this company for 3 years out of the Canton office on the operations side recently having enough and moving on. Some staff and colleagues were great people and I really enjoyed working with them. I thought working for a big name like Siemens was the highlight of my career until I experienced the inner workings. The Operations Team and overall management is horrific. They set unrealistic goals and measurements for all departments and put enormous pressure on all employees. Customer satisfaction and project execution is the least of their priority although they pride themselves publicly as a customer focused company. They are solely concentrated on revenue generation and sales numbers. Operations management is dysfunctional, misguided and unprofessional to say the least. They Promote and hire management based on friendships and politics opposed to education and qualifications. I did not have a good experience working for this company and hope that senior management steps in and makes the necessary corrections to remove these managers. They employees in the Canton office and Siemens customers deserve it!
Employees and Benefits
Operations and Management
Classifique uma empresa recente
Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura empresarial
The Canton Branch is completely mismanaged and littered with an unqualified and unprofessional business management team that does not support Customer focus or a healthy and well balanced work force. They put enormous pressure on all employees from project management, finance, collections and sales with unattainable and rediculous goals. The turn over and burn out rate in this office is embarrassing to say the least.
Cultura empresarial
Unrealistic goals and expectations for project managers which adds more stress than normal from upper management demands. Lacks proper from sales teams and engineering. Co-workers are nice it’s the setup that pits co workers against each other trying to get ahead. Yearly raises and bonuses are disappointing with how they use a merit system. Good company to start with, gain the experience they offer a good path for education
Prós
Can fully work remotely, training program is a positive
Contras
In experience, engineering and sales department
Cultura empresarial
The managers and project managers care far too much about performance targets for themselves than caring about those who work to support them. The communication apparatus is often ignored or not used well enough. If you are new or training, project managers expect you to know more than you do. Its long hours without very little appreciation for the work you complete.
Helpful colleagues
Contras
Poor communication, Lack of communication, Project managers who were extremely mean and disrespectful, lack of comprehensive training, lack for specific performance targets
Cultura empresarial
I have nothing to say about this company right now I'm looking for something new its time for a change, I'm growing and I want to learn new skills and have more chance to move up
Cultura empresarial
I worked in an office for about 8-9 hrs a day and enjoyed every minute of it. The Engineering team was great and guided me on every project I worked on alongside them.
Cultura empresarial
setting most of the service calls that come in, makes it a lot easier too plan your work with customer. all vehicles are in great shape ,all tools are there to complete any project.
Cultura empresarial
A large and successful company. Fast paced and varied workday. Supportive coworkers, but not a lot of managerial support. Company news was slow in its distribution.
Great co-workers
Lack of managerial support
Cultura empresarial
High turnover in management. Middle managers are clueless and promoted politically rather than based on there education or qualifications. Their low morale and energy levels drive the culture of the company into the grave. Not a fun, encouraging or enthusiastic place to work.
Prós
Benefits
Contras
Management, culture
Cultura empresarial
Rewarding on a personal level, but it is corporate America and they do what they have to do to keep the bottom line where they want it. People were good to work with,
Cultura empresarial
This is a pretty good company with decent pay and benefits, however after working there for a little while it becomes apparent how deeply flawed many of their processes are. There is very high turn over due to employee burn out. They need a complete overhaul of the management style, in addition to start building a positive employee culture. Loyalty to employees is non-existent so make sure your looking out for your own interests. The office environment can be very political. Not a bad way to kick start career but will certainly leave you wanting more.
Prós
Decent pay and benefits, compnay vehicle, flexible schedule
Contras
Poor management, employee burn out is common, political environment, lack of culture
Cultura empresarial
Not enough PM's to fill the workload, Training was poor as they had new procedures in place,with no one to train you.
Cultura empresarial
There were no interesting projects during my work. Work/life balance was very poor.
Cultura empresarial
Can't say how it is to work for Siemen's really, as the only thing I knew of them is their name was on the paycheck, the company I was contracted to, Genzyme, was awesome.
Cultura empresarial
good company to work for , local mgmt was only looking at financial side of business.
good benefits
short sighted management
Cultura empresarial
Siemens was an excellent place to work. The people, upper management and sales included, made it a place where work felt less like work and more like fun. It was trying at times, especially at month end time, but it was definitely a balanced environment. Opportunities for growth were excellent, in fact, I moved from one department to another during the time I was there. And in terms of pay and benefits, I certainly could not complain. The hardest part of the job was understanding the contract terminology and getting all of the different managers to sign off on the paperwork in a timely manner. Catching up with them, especially the ones who travel a lot, was not always easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the part that was the most challenging: the contracts. I learned a lot of new information while reviewing contracts. It made me feel as though I was needed and important in the process.
excellent benefits and pay