Siemens AG
4.0 de 5 estrelas.
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa Siemens AG: Chicago, IL

Cargo
Local
Encontramos 28 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.
Ver todas as 9,994 avaliações
Cultura empresarial
Spent many years at this company and always enjoyed working there. I had a great boss who took good care of me and lifted me up daily throughout my career.
Cultura empresarial
There is no value in the individual and work life balance does not exist. Knowledgeable employees are scarce; knowledgeable employees are abused while those that are less experienced stay inexperienced. consensus is that the company is on a path of self destruction and it feels that the employees are the shields taking the impact. Management if force-feeding the direction coming from above and it feels that that direction is; "Make your numbers at all cost".
Good employees
Horrible Management
Cultura empresarial
Why, cheat and steal… While I worked there they marketed a product, (The 8000) Which we found was not actually ready for the market. Their clients griped, complained and sued. And it seems that most of the problems were blamed on the staff rather than the company that released a not ready for prime time product. Money was tight so the bonus structure was eliminated. And they cut the staff to the bone.
Contras
They broke every promise he made to the staff in to their clients.
Cultura empresarial
The company expects a lot of production from its sales teams, but resources to help the team succeed are not well aligned. You end up with a lot of good people doing their best but competing for resources. Instead of pursuing a common goal, internal friction is created which is holding the organization back.
Cultura empresarial
I enjoyed picking orders and being a line lead, going into work and working with others was always a challenge. I absolutely loved leaning something new everyday and looked forward to learning new challenges my work had to offer.
Prós
I learned something new everyday.
Contras
After so many years my job moved out of the contry.
Classifique uma empresa recente
Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura empresarial
A conducive environment for learning, solving challenging problems. Provides good benefits. Not too many fancy benefits such as free lunch, daycare etc but flexible working hours, employee stock plan, decent vacation hours.
Cultura empresarial
Working with Siemens (Motor Control Centers Division) is enjoyable and you are paid well. There's a lot of overtime. It is just sad to say that this Division moved to Mexico. Otherwise, it should have been an almost perfect company to work for.
Prós
Annual increase of salary, lots of overtime
Stressfull
Cultura empresarial
I was given variety of work to get exposure to different field and teams. I got an opportunity to work on VMWare and Cloud. I handled couple of projects which gave me management experience.
Cultura empresarial
Everyone is hands-on and we all work together and help each other out. Hours are great and everyone is nice. Never had an issue with another coworker.
Cultura empresarial
Company is all about large profit, little care on quality of work or customer satisfaction. Similar work situation, they keep staffing too low for slow times, leaving everyone severely understaffed during busy times. 60+ hour works weeks are expected across the boards.
Cultura empresarial
I regret leaving my position to pursue a different position outside the company. The most stable company I have worked for - talented people, good benefits, excellent work environment.
Cultura empresarial
Typical work day included checking the schedules for any and all meetings and tours. Set conference room for all board meeting etc. Made sure that all guest had proper identification.
Cultura empresarial
I used to work as biomedical technician in hospital and different healthceneter facility . I have more confidence in working with expranced technicians.
free parking
heathcare
Cultura empresarial
Good place to learn and begin a career. Work life balance might be of an issue if one doesn't learn to manage early on. Strong management team and process driven culture.
New Employee Focus and Training
Contras
Work life balance could be impacted if not managed early on in carrier
Cultura empresarial
You get to plan your itinerary for the most part by yourself unless someone has asked for your assistance or your manager asked you to go someplace specifically to help out. You learn time management because for the most part you do work long hours and sometimes you have some freedom. We all become like a family after a while. The most challenging part of the job but also exciting is learning a new system and working with a mentor until you feel comfortable being on your own. It just takes time. The most rewarding part of the job is teaching the tech on how to operate and troubleshoot the system and seeing the accomplishment within themselves. Also the resolution of their issues and the thankfulness they sometimes show is rewarding.
Prós
Get to travel to places you may not have ever had a chance to see
Contras
A lot of paperwork to log in a record your time
Cultura empresarial
Siemens acquired Bayer my employer at the time and started to make changes to the organization in order to integrate all the reps down to one sales force which forced me to look elsewhere.
Cultura empresarial
supportive management, great co-workers. I loved my job and my boss. enjoyed the different projects especially auditing.
Cultura empresarial
As an Implementation Consultant we ww ere not prepared as well as we should have been before sending out to the client sites to implement the solutions.
Cultura empresarial
Siemens Industry, Inc. wurde 10/2009 aus der Zusammenfassung von 3 Siemens Unternehmen in den USA gegründet und beinhaltete bis 10/2014 die beiden geschäftsführenden Sektoren Industry und Infrastructure & Cities mit ihren Divisionen. Die Firma bietet bis heute eine grosse und sehr gute Aufstellung in den USA mit Hunderten Standorten und diversen Fabriken (ca. 18K Mitarbeiter). Während meiner letzten Aufgabe (10/2011 - 10/2014) war ich mit meinem Team für die Purchase to Pay Prozesse und entsprechendem Controlling-Aufgaben für diese Firma zuständig, ein sehr fordernder aber auch sehr interessanter Job mit sehr viel Abwechslung aber auch ständigen Herausforderungen. Die Aufgabe war ausserdem extrem vielfältig, z. B. durch Firmenzu- oder Verkäufe, verschiedene geschäftsführende Einheiten und damit vielfältige Prozesse, Standorte und DV Verfahren. Zudem waren wir die verantwortliche Schnittstelle für die Siemens interne Service-Organisation im Bereich Einkauf / AP. Naturgemäß ist die Jobsicherheit in den USA schlechter als in Deutschland und die Arbeitskultur eine andere, die angebotenen Weiterbildungsmassnahmen waren jedoch gut.
Cultura empresarial
Siemens is a great place to work. If you are typically a high performer, you will feel right at home. It's a fast-paced culture that rewards hard work and intelligence. You have to be on your toes, but for those who are, Siemens presents great opportunities for advancement. For work-life balance, depending upon the division, Siemens can be more about work than anything else. But, I have found that I have a sense of obligation to remain connected to my peers and work while on vacation or in my days off-- so, it has to be up to the individual to seek/have greater control over how/when/if they work during off hours.
Great opportunities for advancement
Cultura empresarial
My tyipcal day would be to send out a morning email to all employee's of the compaines updated information weather it was contact information or meeting information. Also make sure that all employee's had all copies, and supplies that they would need to have a pleasentwork day. If any, gave tours of the warehouse showing what is was that we did, and how it got done.