Siemens AG
4,0 de 5 estrelas.
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa Siemens AG: New Kensington, PA

Cargo
Local
Encontramos 35 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.
Ver todas as 10.388 avaliações
Cultura empresarial
Overall it is a good place to work. But it can be very frustrating at times because communication is not great and some areas are understaffed leading to people being stretched to do more
Cultura empresarial
If you like doing a lot of work for little pay this is the place for you. Management is terrible, never hear about anything good you did just what you did wrong. Only good thing about this place is the PTO time they give you, but you will use it up quick since the job sucks so bad.
PTO time
Contras
Short breaks, no appreciation, little pay
Cultura empresarial
Siemens is honestly a fantastic company. But at New Kensington, you will spend every day wondering if you'll have a job tomorrow. Even if you're a great worker. Leadership is way out of touch and they hire & layoff REGULARLY. Zero job security. Site Managers want their yearly bonuses, so when times are slow they'll lay off 50+ people. Then 3 weeks later hire new people. Rinse...repeat. If you live in your mom's basement and need some extra cash, this is the job for you. But if you have a family to support and need a solid income, look elsewhere.
Cultura empresarial
A typical day at work involved working with co-workers who sometimes wouldn't work at all and some making more money than myself. I learned that the company could care less about the employees though they preach that they do. Management is a joke. Most of which has no background in business management. Their only motivation is their bonus even if it means turning out a bad product. Hardest part of the job is dealing with management. They don't live by the policies that the company has established. Most enjoyable part of job was leaving after my shift.
Cultura empresarial
Most of the time there's not much to do .5 s is a big thing to them , you have 4 weeks pto but you'll use most of it on days with nothing to do . They love to bounce you around ,never really learning anything properly . They love to tell you how much money there making and how the company is doing very well but they don't put it in your paycheck .When you do get work , its hurry hurry then back to nothing to do .If you like to suck up to the boss and do whatever they say , work every hour of overtime available , this jobs for you .
easy work
Contras
low pay, slow work, immature employees are annoying .
Classifique uma empresa recente
Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura empresarial
There is a lot about NKN Siemens that is typical manufacturing environment. There is a lot of pressure to deliver on time and get things done, which is beneficial to the customer and therefore the company. The management team is very old fashioned in how things are run and extremely demanding. There is little to no focus on work / life balance. There is more yelling and unprofessional behavior than necessary.
Cultura empresarial
Siemens is lacking in management. Horrible. People don't do their jobs. Constantly have to walk the buildings looking for hardware and other items needed to do your job.
Nice cafeteria
Contras
Healthcare is expensive, and not worth the money.
Cultura empresarial
At Siemens I was able to learn new drafting software and create new relationships with several industry contacts. While the work is very fast paced, everyone Is very willing to go above and beyond what is expected of them when someone is in need of help. the management at Siemens is impeccable! All of the managers are stern but understanding of what every employee is going through as they were in the same place several years ago.
Cultura empresarial
Great place, bosses, benefits, pay, and employees. The place was a diamond in the rough. It is a shame they are moving far away to New Stanton. It is the best job I ever had. I been there for 18 years and I grew with the company. I went from a code 1 to a code 6. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Prós
3 breaks per day. Union shop.
Contras
Health insurance keeps going up. Place is moving
Cultura empresarial
Typical Production environment Learned how to wire high voltage drives, CABAN, 6 Sigma, and Lean Factory Systems Inter-department communications could have been better
Cultura empresarial
Training was good. work environment great. Need to meet work deadlines.Good management to work with. need more office space. café was nice. moral was positive.
Cultura empresarial
Nice office. pay rate is great. friendly people. have to be able to work independently. high pass environment. this job is for team players. parking lot can be a challenge to find a spot at times.
Cultura empresarial
Working for Siemens would be great experience for a younger employee. It is a bit too structured, though, resulting in some inflexibility in dealing with non-standard projects.
Cultura empresarial
Typical work day is expected to work 10 hours daily. Upper management is out of touch. Orders are up and down even though the product is the best in the industry.
Cultura empresarial
Reviewed equipment for calibration. Assist in preparing cell power assemblies for testing and monitor testing, write reports with associated data and pictures. I have gained knowledge in thermocouple construction and placement, a better understanding of water and air cooled cell designs. The management was fine, some of the culture was hard to grasp. The enjoyment was delving into a new area of learning
Cultura empresarial
Challenging place to work with more than enough to keep you busy. Interaction between groups could be more efficient, but that could be said about any company.
Cultura empresarial
Processes are highly structured as would be required for the consistency of the standard product line. However, special applications of the products may require slightly divergent handling and require much more time and attention that are sometimes not understood or appreciated.
Prós
Good salary and benefits. Very capable colleagues.
Inflexible.
Cultura empresarial
For almost sixteen years, I was a part of this fast paced, growing business in various capacities, such as Shipper/Packer, Electro Mechanical Technician, Manufacturing Team Leader, to Supplier Quality Engineering Technician. There are a lot of very smart, knowledgeable people within the business at this location. During my tenure, I did not have one negative experience with Siemens as a company, nor any of the people in which I worked with. Many wonderful people are still employed at this location, and if you were to have the opportunity to fulfill a vacant position, I would suggest taking advantage of the opportunity to be a part of this team. This was a location that you were not a number (as many would feel), people actually knew your name and knew your function. The engagement of management with the employees was very intimate. Communication was always practiced with an open door policy, whether it be HR, or even Senior Management.
Prós
Work/Life Balance, Employee benefits, Gainsharing, Employee Activity Options (external events), flexible hours of work, Summer Hours program (Four 9 hour work days and one 4 hour day), Clean and climate controlled
Contras
Degree required for promotional advancement. Tenured knowlege not always acceptable for advancement, even if you knew how to perform the duties of the position.
Cultura empresarial
Great place to work. Good people and good pay. Conflicts within groups was an issue, but in general the place was good. They make the industry leading product.
Cultura empresarial
During my day I would have to test power units. I also took care of shipping and receiving packages . I learned to work as a team with my coworkers. The management was very cooperative with any problems we encountered. We all had the same goals; to do the best for the company. The hardest part of my job was managing all the tasks I was responsible for. The fact that all my coworkers worked well together made the job very enjoyable.
Cultura empresarial
The Siemens Industry Large Drives employees and facilities are top notch. Perfect Harmony is the industry benchmark for voltage source medium voltage drive systems.
Prós
Flexible work schedule, comfortable facilities, world class colleauges
Contras
In my opinion the product portfolio has not been managed well.