UnitedHealth Group
3,7 de 5 estrelas.
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa UnitedHealth Group

Cargo
Local
Encontramos 17.181 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.
Ver todas as 17.182 avaliações
Avaliação destaque
UnitedHealth Group selecionou isto como uma avaliação representativa
Cultura empresarial
The only downside was being on the phones and trying to make your numbers each month. I had to leave due to a health condition or I would still be there. I got my son in law a job working there and he loves the company too.
work from home
Contras
trying to make your numbers each month.
Resposta oficial de UnitedHealth Group
27 de Julho de 2018
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad that you have found growth and development within your roles. Sincerely, Natasha N. - Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group
Cultura empresarial
I have worked in numerous positions with this company. All have had similar, unpleasant issues. There is little room for advancement. The company seems to prefer hiring outside of the company than recruit within. Your manager can make or break you. For the most part my managers have been ok but don’t expect upper management to be supportive if you have an issue with your manager. The company touts work/life balance. This is a joke and a delusion they would like to convince you of. There is frequent mandatory OT. They are resistant to accommodate schedule change requests unless it benefits business. If you have a medical reason for a schedule adjustment you must go through HR direct to get any results.The pay is great. The benefits are ok. I have gone years without a raise. The call metrics are nearly impossible to meet and I’m sure that is the goal, considering your raise is often based on call metrics. They would like to convince the members that they care about their health. They only care how members health will decrease the profit margin. If you have a condition that doesn’t cost much to manage you are invisible. This job has been a constant moral and ethical struggle for me. I became a nurse because I care about people. It is hard to be more focused on the financial aspect of patient care. UHG is a business and their goal is to make money and make money they do. I feel the entry level employees are treated and paid very poorly. When I was hired I was told by my preceptor I needed to train my bladder to coordinate with my break times. TRUE STORY. My best - mais...
Pay, Generous PTO
Impossible Metrics, Promotion within difficult
Cultura empresarial
I worked here for a couple years and I had UO and down rxpierencies. The culture is great, everyone around you is nice and there to help one another. The supervisors are also understanding. The only sucky thing was attendance/sick days. You get 0 sick days and they are very strict on attendance, which is understandable. But family emergencies and health always come first, and they always preach that. Yet you’re penalized for taking care of your personal health and family health as well u less you go through their medical case department to cover yourself for your absences , but that area and process alone can make a person ever more stressed out!! Overall, good pay and good benefits. And a lot of opportunities.
Cultura empresarial
Pay is fair. Benefits are only ok for benefits company. Work life balance is good. Management depends on where you work. Internal hiring process seems impossible.
Work from home
Advancement
Cultura empresarial
I was very focused at work and always aimed to go the extra mile. That extra mile does not really go too far if you inconvenience the company in any way. For example, you can come into work every day for a year straight, and one day you get sick... well if you don’t have sick time, then they’ll try to screw you in any way possible. Not a great company; however, is very reputable and thus you can gain a lot of experience. You can tell supervisors always try to kiss butt of their superiors which is comical to watch sometimes.
Prós
Free coffee once per year
Toxic environment
Classifique uma empresa recente
Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura empresarial
Average workplace. management can be stagnant and stuck in their ways. Opportunities are available for those that play the political game and have friends in high places.
poor compensation
Cultura empresarial
Great company to work for. Excellent manager and team members. Work culture is great. Managers care for you, work life balance is great. You are really making a difference to your customers.
Cultura empresarial
They pay here isn’t too bad but you are treated as a number and thing change all the time. If you like having 3 managers in a year then this place is for you. Always changing directions and priorities.
Money
Contras
Job security, changes constantly, no training.
Cultura empresarial
Stressful job. Helping people learn how to make their healthcare more affordable is the best part of my job. This company has some of the same faults of many large companies, lack of diversity in management. You won't get ahead by talent, hard work and you especially will not be rewarded for fighting for your members. This is a "who you know" environment. Friends help friends get ahead, and those friends tend to look alike.
Prós
Work from home, secure job, fair pay, stock program
Contras
Stats get skewed to help some, hurt others. Rules applied arbitrarily
Cultura empresarial
I am happy with UHG. Given a chance, I would like to work with UHG again. The people around you are helpful. The task is not stressful. The nature of work is very easy because they have the best trainer.
Cultura empresarial
A very nice place to work . Standard benefits , insurance options . Good Pto benefits . Company has a lot of rooms to grow . But compensation is not that good .
Cultura empresarial
Management good, pay great, and not so flexible with schedule if you have small children. After 6 years, I realized for this company I enjoyed being in office opposed to working remotely.
Cultura empresarial
Management is horrible and doesn’t care about employees new systems are put in place that don’t work and they don’t provide good service to customers
Cultura empresarial
Management, not unlike other employers, is heavy with katty, immature individuals who will use you against others in similar positions, to gain "loyalty." CYA is the mantra!Micro management is the corporate model.
Telecommute
Contras
High cost health insurance, micro management
Cultura empresarial
Stressful sometimes but tbe coworkers were nice, would love to come back l I ked helping members making appts, answering their questions, doing ooutbound calls
Cultura empresarial
Flexibility was diminished overtime restricting flex time which was one of the perks. Though it is stated that quality is valued over quantity the culture was not reflective of that. Penalized for arriving tardy for unseen circumstances. Being micromanaged by mangers that did not do the job they were in charge of was a very difficult atmosphere to work under.
working from home
medical insurance, employee support
Cultura empresarial
Worked there for multiple years before covid. They train you well and make sure you are aware of advancement opportunities early. As long as you met your metrics there were bonuses and projects offered often to you if you expressed interest. Leadership often seemed to not know what was going on and that led to stressful situations, but if you go into a job here with low expectations it’s a fine placeholder job
Prós
Purchase time off, good benefits, tuition reimbursement
Burn out job
Cultura empresarial
If you want to advance in your career this is the place to be. I truly felt while I was there that I determined how far I went and what I could achieved.
Opportunity
Contras
It can be very stressful
Cultura empresarial
The pay is OK. The benefits are OK. All that matters to management is that they meet the numbers THEIR managers are expecting. Expect a lot of reports, ridiculous levels of micromanagement, the word "metrics", and absolute heartlessness in the face of human suffering. Enjoy talking to crying relatives as you take away the insurance their child needs to pay for cancer treatmeants. They didn't do anything wrong. It's all because their boss didn't pay their premiums AGAIN!Have fun when your boss tells you he thinks you've done outstanding in the last year, but he can only give your review a 3 out of 5 because it would throw off the curve and mess up the metrics if he scored anyone higher and we can't have that.Have fun in meaningless daily meetings. Enjoy the phrase "I'll give you back 10 minutes".
Cultura empresarial
The Puerto Rico office sold an idea to us and immediately when we started we were disappointed. This job was probably one of the worst jobs I ever had and I was dying to leave within months of having the position. The management is absolutely horrible. They do not care about their employees. Numbers are all they care about as if their employees are robots. They don’t know how to encourage their team. All around not worth the stress they put on their employees.
Decent pay
Cultura empresarial
My colleagues were friendly - I learned I do not fit in with conventional type people nor as well with with non-creative by the book non-thinkers. Management not mature enough to hold position of authority yet act as if they know more than everyone corporate flying monkeys workplace culture - go along to get along. Company advertises self as growth oriented - yet reality is they have a do what I say way of being and do not want anyone thinking outside the box mentality. Hardest part about the job was having to go to work at place most line staff are underappreciate. The most enjoyable part of job - good salary.
good salary